“Buried Treasure: Unlocking the Riches of God's Word”
BIBLE SUNDAY Sept.12/10 Play
(mp3) Play VIDEO (320x240 wmv, 218
(adapted from materials provided by
Canadian Bible Society)
‘B' for Bible Sunday
• This psalm is an acrostic
• The section we're looking at is Beth or ‘B'
• The psalmist is very excited the law, ‘torah’ – as excited as
if he'd found treasure
B for Behaviour
• The law was about more than sacrifice and ritual: it was
guidance on how to live
• The Bible is about Behaviour– it tells you the best way to
live your life
B for Being
• The psalmist has ‘swallowed' God's promises: he has taken them
• The more we prize and reflect on God's commands, the less
likely we are to do what displeases him.
• The more we take into our hearts about God and Jesus, the more
we will be like them.
• When we plant the promises of God in our hearts the seed will
B for Bounty
• The psalmist doesn't keep God's promises to himself: he tells
others about them.
• The psalmist values God's words above riches
• He views the scriptures as a great treasure. Do we view the
Bible like that?
• Many people today are desperate to get their hands on a Bible.
We should share it with them