• Cornelius’ surprising invitation to Simon Peter
• Peter resists God’s invitation to eat un-kosher food
• Peter obeyed, though ‘unlawful’ for Jew to visit
• baptism of Holy Spirit proves God’s acceptance of
THE CHURCH DOWN HERE, AND UP THERE
• our most segregated hour?
• transformed by contact through collaborative
• church in heaven from every nation / tribe
RECONCILIATION NEEDS TO BE PART OF OUR DAILY LIVING
• being witnesses ‘to the ends of the earth’ requires
broadening our acceptance: race / age / demographic
• intentionally take steps to befriend someone
CAN YOU HEAR ME?
• cleft palate sufferer clung to affirming words that
deeply impacted her life