“Lydia and Priscilla: Home-based Ministry”
Mother’s Day May 9, 2010 Acts 16:11-15; 18:18,24-28
(mp3) Play VIDEO (320x240 wmv, 218
MOTHERING’S LITTLE CHALLENGES
• can you recall some challenging parenting moments
from your extended family?
• what do you most appreciate about how your mother
(or, some other woman significant in your development) brought you up?
LYDIA: BENEVOLENT, WELCOMING BUSINESSWOMAN
• what considerations / worries prevent you from more
often opening your home up to guests?
• share an experience when someone unexpectedly
provided shelter or a meal for you. What made it especially a blessing?
PRISCILLA: ADAPTABLE AND ENCOURAGING
• who has been a ‘Priscilla’ to you, informing /
growing you in your faith as Priscilla helped Apollos? Don’t forget
Sunday School teachers / VBS leaders / relatives etc.
• how can our congregation do a better job of
recognizing and incorporating the value of women’s ministry - both as a
group and individually?
OBEDIENT HOSPITALITY STRETCHES A HOME TO BE A PLACE OF MINISTRY
• can you recall a time you showed hospitality to a
stranger, at first reluctantly, but later were glad you did?
• what factors can make a person’s home a less
threatening environment for evangelism than other venues?