“His Appalling Appearance Makes You Look Good before God”
April 4, 2010 Easter Isaiah 52:13-15,53:8-12; Heb 10:12-14,19-23
(mp3) Play VIDEO (320x240 wmv, 218
THE SERVANT’S BELITTLING, BURDEN, AND BLOOD
● Has there been a time in your life when you were
ridiculed or treated unfairly in a major way? How does it help knowing
Jesus can relate to you in that sort of experience?
● What heavy load have you been struggling with
lately? Do you believe the Lord wants to help you with it? - that He
CAN help you with it? Is it something you could share with another
Christian so they can pray for you in that regard?
POSITIVELY: THE SERVANT’S PROSPERITY, POSTERITY, AND POSITION
● How does this throw a different light on what
society commonly understands as ‘prosperity’? Do you see God’s will
prospering in your life as you serve Him?
● How might it affect our self-esteem to see
ourselves as Jesus’ brother/sister, the ‘posterity’ He died to make
● Are we honouring Jesus in our lives, acknowledging
His position? Would an outsider observing our lives say, “There’s
somebody in whom Jesus is highly exalted”?
JESUS COMIN’ THROUGH THE LINE