“3. I am learning to be like Jesus in my attitudes, behaviours,
Sevenfold Way of Following Jesus, Part 3
5. I am learning the teachings of Jesus.”
March 14, 2010 Luke 4:1-13 1Cor 10:1-13 Play
(mp3) Play VIDEO (wmv)
SMARTER THAN SLIME MOLD?
● Q: how would you summarize the attitudes you
did/didn’t ‘inherit’ from your parents / grandparents? Who else was
influential in the formation of your approach to life?
● Q: in the community(s) you’ve been a part of, who
stands out in your mind as having exemplary ‘character’? How was this
BAITED BUT NOT BITING
● Q: as you look around today’s culture, what top 3
small-g ‘gods’ do you see people worshipping? How do these end up
ruling over them to their detriment?
● Q: when have you been tempted to grumble most
recently? What does that incident reveal about your priorities / lack
WHAT’S THE ‘SOMETHING BETTER’?
● What motivates Jesus about His relationship with
● What are the benefits for us of keeping Jesus’
○ Q: Which of these factors do you
personally find most motivating to keep Jesus’ teaching?
● What can motivate us in our relationship with Jesus?
○ Q: Which of these benefits do
you prize most highly as incentives to walk with Jesus?
TOO GOOD TO GRIPE