“I have begun to follow Jesus, and am depending on the Spirit of
Jesus in my journey”
Sevenfold Way of Following Jesus, Part 1
Feb.28, 2010 Is 55:1-9; Lk 13:1-9; Rom 10:8b-13; 2Cor 5:16-21
(mp3) Play VIDEO (wmv)
● “I BELIEVE IN THE POWER” - OF PEOPLE? THE
○ What parallels or clashes do you
see between the Olympics and Christianity?
○ “I believe in the power of...” -
how would you finish the sentence?
● INTRODUCTION: ‘THE JOURNEY’ AND THE SEVENFOLD
○ Re-phrase the first of the
‘sevenfold’ steps in your own words.
○ How does the ‘sevenfold way’
challenge the ‘handout mentality’ (‘What programs do you have for me or
● NOT A CONTEST BUT A COMMITMENT
○ What urgent fact of the human
condition did Jesus underline in Luke 13:2-5?
○ Name any ways in which you have
found Christianity to ‘satisfy’ / be ‘richest of fare’. (Is 55:1f,7)
○ What two things does Paul say we
need to do to be saved? (Rom 10:9f) Which is harder / why?
● FAITH AT THE CENTRE OF LIFE FOR MEDAL-WINNER
○ How might Cindy Klassen’s
words / deeds stimulate you in your walk with the Lord?