“Disposed to Discriminate”
James 2:1-17 Oct.25, 2009 Play
(mp3) Play VIDEO (wmv)
● POISONED BY PREJUDICE
● WRONG APPREHENSION OF GLORY
○ [Question for Discussion] How
much does “the Glory” of Jesus wow us, compared to earthly attractions
and influences? What do ‘eyes of the world’ tempt you to glory or boast
● WRONG APPRAISAL OF THE RICH
○ Can you think of examples of
people you’ve known who weren’t rich materially but were ‘rich in
faith’ despite tough circumstances?
● WRONG APPROACH TO THE LAW
○ How can we in the church not
only be upholding God’s laws, but also ‘loving our neighbour’ in
practical, non-patronizing ways?
● WRONG APPRECIATION OF MERCY
○ When was a time someone showed
you mercy when you’d blown it?
● HELPING, NOT FORCING, THE POOR TO STAND